1. Find Your Home
Look through the floor plans that The Haven of Athens has to offer. Roommates can come meet with our property manager to discuss which of our housing options works best for them and even select your exact cottage!
2. Apply Online
Click on the Apply Now button and select your desired layout option. Every tenant must fill out their own application in order to move to the next step in the leasing process. There is a $30 application fee that can be paid online. Please attach a government-issued ID, typically a drivers license or passport, to the application and email it to [email protected]
3. Applicant Approval
Each applicant must be approved by completing one of the two options:
- Provide a parental guarantor – This form needs to be filled out and notarized by the applicant’s parent or guarantor. It can be attached to the initial application or emailed to [email protected]
- Qualify based on proof of income – Applicants that opt to qualify without a cosigner are required to have a monthly income of at least three times their portion of the monthly rent. Please attach at least the most recent three months of proof of income to the application or email it to [email protected] This can be in the form of pay stubs, bank statements that display income, or an offer letter. A credit and background check will then be run.
4. Sign the Lease
Once the applications for ALL roommates have been submitted and approved, the lease can be sent electronically. The lease will be sent out via Docusign, a secure site, to the emails of all applicants to review and sign electronically.
5. Pay the Security Deposit and Pet Fees
The security deposit and pet fee (if a pet will be present in the cottage) are due in order to finalize the lease. This can be paid by check, cashier’s check, or money order made out to “Athens Real Estate Group.”
- Security Deposit – The total security deposit is due in order to lease each unit. It is the amount of one month’s rent. This can be paid by the applicants individually or as a group. It is refundable 30 days after the end of the lease, minus any cleaning and damage charges.
- Pet Fees – Each pet requires a $350 pet fee. There is a two pet maximum per property. Please submit official documentation for service animals and emotional support animals in order to waive the pet fee.
If you have any questions about the leasing process, please call or text the office at 706-424-2876 or email [email protected]. We will be happy to help!
Please Note: Units are leased on a first come, first serve basis as a group. The group that completes the entire leasing process first will be awarded the lease to each unit. The lease must be signed by all applicants and the full security and pet deposits must be paid in order for the unit to be officially leased. All applications are time sensitive in a competitive leasing environment. Groups are able to transfer their applications to another unit in The Haven of Athens if desired, and it is not necessary for applicants to re-apply.
About The Haven of Athens
The Haven of Athens is the area’s newest student housing community serving college students in Athens, Georgia. Our community offers cottage style homes ranging from 2-6 bedrooms, complete with intelligent thermostats, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and hardwood style flooring. Find your home at The Haven.